StreetSmart: Dine Out, Give $1
Okay folks, I don’t often ask much of you, but today I’m asking those of you here in Nashville to do me a favor. In the days leading up to New Year’s Eve, I’d really like you to help out with this promotion I’m about to explain.
StreetSmart is a restaurant based program that invites patrons to add a $1 donation to their checks in support of Room In The Inn, a nonprofit organization providing care for Nashvillians struggling with homelessness.
$1. That’s all. It’s such a small amount, but it could make a huge impact in the lives of many.
And seriously, look at this list of restaurants. It’s not like it will be a chore to dine at any of them! In fact, some of these are spots that I go to on a regular basis, so it’s quite likely that I would have been visiting a few of them in the next couple of weeks anyway. Now I’m even more motivated to do so!
Anatolia Turkish Restaurant
Biscuit Love Truck
Hoss’ Loaded Burgers
Margot Café & Bar
Paddy Boy’s Q to U
The Silly Goose
The Wild Cow
The Wild Hare
Even though the fundraising promotion is well underway (it began on November 23rd), it runs through December 31st, so you still have time to contribute $1 here are there as you dine out in the coming weeks.
When you’re making your dining decisions from now until the end of the year, be sure to give these restaurants extra consideration, and feel good about donating a little extra to help those that aren’t as fortunate during the holidays.
Note: Be sure to tell your server that you want to contribute to StreetSmart. It is not automatically added to your bill!
For more information, please visit the Room in the Inn website.
Now, to encourage you to help spread the word about the program, I’ve got a little contest! Watermark and the Symphony generously donated some fabulous prizes for StreetSmart, and one of you will be the lucky beneficiary!
And the winner is:
#56 Jessica A!
StreetSmart Prize Package:
- Watermark Dinner for Two ($150 Value)
- Pair of tickets to Nashville Symphony (Good for any performance 2012-2013 season)
- Cool swag bag of goodies, including a little something you might want to pop open at the end of your date night
To enter for your chance to win, all you have to do is this:
1. Leave a comment sharing your favorite restaurant or food truck from the StreetSmart roster.
For up to 2 additional entries, you can do either or both of the following. Note: You must leave a separate comment for each optional entry.
2. Follow Room in the Inn on Twitter (@roomintheinn) and tweet “Give back while dining out for the holidays. Win a night out from @betheats & @roomintheinn! http://bit.ly/VBNYYl ”, then come back here and leave a comment telling me you’ve done so.
3. Like Room In The Inn on Facebook and come back and tell me you did so (or just tell me you already do if that’s the case!)
Contest ends on Sunday, December 16th at Noon Central. Once the winner is chosen, I’ll make contact via email and post the name here on the blog. If I don’t get a response within 48 hours, I’ll be forced to choose another, so be sure to check your email!
UPDATE: There are some other blogs having contests too! Check these out and enter to win:
Nashville Scene Bites Blog giving away dinner for two at Amerigo and Symphony tickets
Sweet Betweens Blog giving away Climb Nashville tickets