Nashville Street Food Awards – You Can Be a Judge!
4th Annual Nashville Street Food Awards
Saturday, October 17th, 2015
Noon – 4 pm
~UPDATE: Venue Change!~
Nashville Farmers’ Market
900 Rosa L Parks Blvd
Nashville, TN 37208
For all up to date information, visit the Facebook event page.
One of the very best perks of food blogging is that I get asked to be a judge at various events from time to time. While I have never and will never consider myself a restaurant reviewer, I am more than happy to lend my taste buds and opinions for a competition!
As you might have noticed from my October “happenings” post last week, the Nashville Street Food Awards are fast approaching, and I’ve been asked to once again be a judge. Woohoo!
Last year the categories assigned to me were “Deep Fried” and “Best Goo Goo” (I couldn’t NOT judge the Goo Goo competition ya know!). As you can see from all of the pics, it was a really, really tough job.
Because it’s so difficult, the event organizers are allowing me to once again bring a judging partner. That’s right. I get to give away a judging spot to one of my lovely readers!
There are only a few requirements (two of which are my own):
1) You must be available between 10 a.m. and Noon on Saturday, October 17th, 2015.
2) You must be an adventurous eater. I’m going to expect you to try every single thing put in front of you. Hey, don’t knock it ’til you’ve tried it!
2) You are required to wear loose fitting clothing. Elastic waistbands are your friend. This isn’t actually a requirement, but I promise, you’re going to want to take my advice on this.
The Winner is….
Now, on to the fun part! To enter, all you have to do is this:
1. Leave a comment telling me what categories you hope we get assigned to judge. Categories include: Best Taco, Best Between Bread, Best Smoked, Best Dessert, Best Hot Nashville, Best Vegetarian, Best Deep Fried, and Best Drink. There will also be two Nashville brands featured in categories, Best Yazoo and Best Christie Cookie.
For up to 2 additional entries, you can do either or both of the following. Note: You must leave a separate comment for each optional entry.
2. Follow me on Twitter (@betheats) and tweet “Nashville Street Food Awards are 10/17 & you can win a judging spot from @betheats! http://bit.ly/1JPSzhX” then leave a comment telling me you’ve done so.
3. RSVP that you’re attending on the Facebook event page (only if you actually are planning to!) and come back and tell me you did so (or just tell me you already RSVP’d if that’s the case.)
Contest ends on Sunday, October 11th 12 NOON CDT. Once the winner is chosen, I’ll make contact via email and post the name here on the blog. You must respond within 48 hours or I’ll be forced to choose another, so be sure to check your email!