The newest cookbook gracing my kitchen shelf is Sheryl Crow & Chuck White’s, If It Makes You Healthy. I met Chuck, Sheryl’s personal chef, last fall when we both judged a local chili cook-off. We spoke about the production of the book that day, and then when it came out this spring, he offered to send me a copy. Naturally, I accepted!
Here are a just a few things I love about it:
- emphasizes using seasonal, locally grown ingredients
- many of the dishes are plant based, and so filling that even those of us non-vegetarians won’t miss the meat (the Quinoa Stuffed Poblano Peppers with Salsa Romesco are a great example)
- all the recipes I’ve tried so far are both nutritious AND delicious!
When Sheryl was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2006, it was a wake-up call for her to eat better, thus, Chef Chuck came into her life. He has been working exclusively with her at home and on tour since then, teaching her how to use wholesome foods that promote maximum energy and health. I don’t know about you, but if eating like this can make me look like she does at 49, I’m all about it!
Mandatory for entry: All you have to do is leave a comment below telling me about your favorite healthy recipe. You can even leave a link to the recipe if it’s online- I’d love to try some of them!
Optional bonus entries: Do either (or both!) of the below and then come back here and leave a separate comment telling me you’ve done so.
- Follow @betheats on Twitter and tweet the following: Win a signed copy of Sheryl Crow & Chef Chuck’s new cookbook from @betheats! http://bit.ly/kYS9Xt
- “Like” Eat. Drink. Smile. on Facebook.
Contest ends on Monday, June 20th at NOON CST. Once the winner is chosen, I’ll contact him or her via email and will post it here on the blog. If the winner doesn’t respond within 48 hours, I’ll be forced to choose another, so make sure you check your email!