Remember back when I started my blog and said that May was my favorite month of the year? Well, it runs a very tight race with October, and with October just a couple of days away, I’m already getting happier.
What’s so great about October you ask? Well, a few things (none of which have anything to do with football):
1) The cool morning air invigorates me
2) The chance of rainfall for Nashville is the least of any month of the entire year (and after this depressing wet September, I think we’re all ready for some sun)
3) I get to pull my boots out of storage!
4) Menu changes. Mmmm, butternut squash soup and apple crisps….
5) I met my husband on a gorgeous October night
6) I married my husband on a gorgeous October night (not to be confused with the same night that I met him)
And reason #6 is why my blog will look a little bit different this week. My first anniversary is this weekend!
Since Nashville wedding planning website Ashley’s Bride Guide featured our wedding recap last December, I’ve gotten a lot of emails and phone calls from soon-to-be-brides asking me all sorts of questions. So I figure sharing more details on here might not only help some of them, but any of you that are planning a special event in the future. From vendor recommendations to recipes, you’ll be getting the full scoop.
But first, I guess I should introduce the hubby.
Meet Ravi, my extremely intelligent, ridiculously entertaining honey. Eating and drinking make me smile, but he makes me smile AND laugh. Laughter is a very good thing.